Friday, February 5, 2010

In my brother's mancat shadow

Hi TK's blogs. My name is Squashies, I'm TK's little sister.  TK said I could blog too, because some people had asked about me. So I will tell you about me. (It's very nice that you asked.) TK says I should say that I'm shy so I don't seem stand-offish.  But really I'm just little, and people don't understand.  When I  get "put down" without being lowered, it is a long way down and my legs are very short and can't absorb the momentum so well. So I don't like to be picked up, or handled much.
Squashes a few days after arriving at her Furrever home.

Mommy and I have been working on it, but she lets me do it at my pace. So every day when mommy takes her shower, I guard the door for her until she gets out. No one is allowed near the door- except daddy. Then, when she is out, I jump on the vanity and we get our 'girl' on.  (We girls have to look our best!)  When we are done, including giving me my brushings, mommy picks me up carefully and puts me down, not letting go until my feet are on the floor. I'm getting it, but I still get afraid.

But I don't get afraid when someone is threatening my people.  When the man came to fix the furnace I growled at him the whole time he was here. (I'll not mention where TK was...)  Mommy says I growl like a tiger! 

I am very curious and can be silly.  Oh... and I have thumbs.


Anyway, I'm going to take a nap, and suck my thumb.  Thanks for asking about me!





11 comments:

  1. Thanks for telling us all about you, Squashies! You are very beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my, you are such a cutie, thanks for telling us your story and thanks for protecting your humans, it's such an important job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Squashie...how long haf yoo lived wif yoor beans? We like dat yoo can suck yoor thumb, if we could do dat we wouldn't need to sleep wif a stuffie.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Squashie! You are very cute!! I have thumbs too....but I've never tried sucking mine...I'm gonna hafta try that...

    Ernie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Speedy, We came to mommy on August 2008. We have a whole story we had on our other blog, but we don't know how to put it on here. Because its sort of in diary form.

    ReplyDelete
  6. wOW YOu look just like our Annie cat except she doesn't have thumbs. And she's more of a pest than a protector.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Squashie! We are very pleased to meet you and TK!! You are a cutie!! We just love the pictures of you!
    Your TX furiends,

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Squashie, we think yoo are adorable. Fab pics.

    ReplyDelete
  9. you have THUMBS?!! My cats will be very jealous! how does a kitty get thumbs?!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey Squashie! You sure are a cutie! Meowm loves your sweet face and thumbs!

    ReplyDelete